Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last Day of Testing for the Year...

Student Abstract Expressive Painting
...and time to finish putting away supplies and get some cleaning and organizing done.  In the high school, we have semester testing, so the last 2 days (Friday and Tuesday) have been test days.  And yes, I do have to give tests in Art, which my students complain about until they realize its pretty easy if they have been paying attention and use their common sense!   Hopefully they realize that they have learned something over the course of the year.  Most of them do, but most of all, I hope they enjoy coming to Art Class!

So as I wrap up another school year, I will start thinking about what I will do different next year. How can I help more students realize their creative selves?

This painting is an example of how a student can let loose and paint and be expressive.  Many people do not understand this type of art or do not appreciate it, but this painting stood out to me.  I don't know what this Art 1 student was expressing, or if he knew. But he just sat down and painted this in one class period, because he had been absent, alot, and needed to finish the abstract project.  I love the colors, movement, and expressiveness in it.  So I want my students to realize that its okay, sometimes, to experiment and find how to express themselves through their art.  Because that is what art is, a way to communicate!


Mrs. Macre♥Art 

No comments:

Post a Comment